- PRESS RELEASE: League of Conservation Voters 2016 National Environmental Scorecard
- ACTION: TELL YOUR LAWMAKERS TO MAKE CLEAN WATER A PRIORITY
- PRESS RELEASE: Conservation Voters of Pennsylvania, PennFuture Announce Partnership
- ACTION: Tell the PA Fish and Boat Commission to Protect Wild Trout Streams
- WATCH: Post-Election Debrief
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- June 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- December 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- April 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- July 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- November 2013
- September 2013
- February 2013
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- March 2010
Title: Digital Organizer
Reports to: Director of Digital Engagement
Positions reporting to this position: N/A
New Jersey League of Conservation Voters (New Jersey LCV) and Conservation Voters of Pennsylvania (CVPA) serve as the leading political voices for the environment in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, respectively. They are both non-partisan, statewide organizations dedicated to holding elected officials accountable for their actions that impact our precious natural resources.
New Jersey LCV and CVPA seek a Digital Organizer who will provide support to ensure the goals of our digital program are met. You will look for opportunities to engage and grow our expanding list of email supporters; write and implement organizational emails that compel our supporters to act; run tests, collect data, and analyze results to help us run better campaigns; and help us launch a new distributed petition tool to partners throughout the Delaware River watershed region.
- Identify and implement opportunities to grow our list, including launching actions on tools like Action Sprout and MoveOn’s petition tool and writing and launching Facebook ads.
- Recommend, write, launch, A/B test, and report on action alerts utilizing industry best practices with an eye toward actions that maximize list growth.
- Seek educational and volunteer opportunities hosted by partners and develop compelling emails to promote the events to our list.
- Build relationships with allies and serve as an ambassador for our organization at meetings.
- Manage weekly and monthly reporting, and provide assistance on grant reports as needed.
- Help launch a new distributed petition toolset and provide strategic and technical support to partners.
- Manage logistics of our list enhancement service, including collecting lists from and distributing lists back to partners, and consolidating and cleaning lists for submission.
- Help maintain organizations’ websites.
- Assist with social media outreach, including but not limited to creating graphics, maintaining Twitter lists, recommending articles to share, live tweeting events, and drafting posts.
- Assist with communications, including but not limited to drafting press releases and letters to the editor, creating graphics, and managing website updates as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent writing skills. Experience writing email alerts a plus.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure, manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, pay close attention to detail, take initiative and look for opportunities, and stay organized and follow-through.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong communication and people skills.
- Familiarity with Excel and digital platforms including Salesforce, Drupal, Facebook ads, Luminate Online, ActionSprout, or ControlShift a plus.
- Experience with graphics creation and editing preferred.
- A strong commitment to environmental protection is a must.
Position Requirements: This is a full-time position, and can be based in Philadelphia, PA; Trenton, NJ; or Princeton, NJ. Some driving may be required.
To apply: Please send your resume, cover letter, and recent writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital Organizer” in the subject line by August 18.
New Jersey LCV and CVPA are equal opportunity employers. All our positions require a sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences.