Title: Chester County Director
Reports To: Political Director
The political voice for Pennsylvania’s environment, Conservation Voters of PA (CVPA) works to pass sound conservation policies, promotes pro-environment candidates for office, and holds elected officials accountable for the decisions they make. CVPA seeks a Chester County Director to build a sustainable political and policy program in Chester County. The Director will serve as the principal point of contact for local candidates, activists, volunteers, donors, and elected officials.
Policy and Political:
- Build relationships with local candidates and elected officials in Chester County
- Identify races in which endorsement or political work can make positive environmental impacts
- Manage political activities (canvass, mail, digital) related to winning campaigns
- Develop working knowledge of local and county level environmental policy issues
- Cultivate experts in policy issues to supplement that knowledge
- Develop ongoing list of policy priorities to use in questionnaires and for accountability work
- Establish a budget for the Chester County Program
- Work with the Assistant Director to create and follow a fundraising plan to support the budget
- Identify, cultivate and meet with potential donors
- Raise c3 and c4 money to support the program ($50,000 - $70,000)
- Raise PAC money to support specific candidates ($20,000 - $40,000)
- Identify top-tier donors to introduce to the Executive Director
- Build relationships with local reporters
- Work with digital staff to use email list and social tools in Chester County
- Monitor and update County social presence - engage with local groups, activists and candidates
- Represent CVPA with local pipeline, open space and other groups
- Identify ways to use CVPA resources to support their work
- Utilize those relationships to expand CVPA’s visibility in the region, to recruit volunteers, etc.
- Work with other organizing staff to highlight opportunities for volunteer engagement
The following skills are required for the successful applicant:
- 3–5 years of relevant professional experience in political campaigns, grassroots organizing, or advocacy/issue campaign work
- Collaborative spirit. Must be a personable, dependable team player
The following skills are preferred for the successful applicant:
- Strong understanding of Chester County local politics and/or environmental issues
- Chester County residence
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent personal organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to recruit volunteer activists and mobilize public support
- Experience with fundraising
Compensation starts at $3,500 per month, commensurate with experience, and includes health, dental, and retirement benefits.
This is a full-time position based in Chester County. Evening and weekend hours are required, along with significant travel throughout the county and bi-weekly travel into Philadelphia. Applicants must have a car and a valid driver’s license.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject line: “Chester County Director” no later than June 12, 2019. No phone calls please.
Conservation Voters of PA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a just, equitable, and inclusive workplace.