Title: Chester County Field Canvasser
Location: West Chester, Pennsylvania
Term of Position: Now – November 6, 2018
Conservation Voters of PA, a pro-environment political organization focused on electing champions this November, seeks to hire dynamic, effective, and energetic Field Canvassers. These contract positions, which report to the Chester County Director, will primarily be responsible for direct voter contact through door-to-door canvassing and phone banking. These positions will require irregular hours, physical activity, exposure to outside elements, and travel within a designated region.
- Participating in door-to-door canvassing in diverse communities using persuasion and get out the vote scripts to engage voters and educate them on State House and Governor race
- Collecting signed pledge cards and distributing campaign literature to targeted individuals
- Augmenting door-to-door canvassing with phone banking, when directed by supervisor
- Tracking, entering, and uploading daily quantitative reports into the “VAN” online database
- Participating in daily briefing and/or debrief meetings with supervisors
- Showing up at scheduled time/location and completing a full shift as assigned by supervisor
- Staffing events (meet & greets, community events, etc.) as needed
- May be asked to recruit volunteers, as needed, to augment canvass and phone bank shifts
- Must be accountable to goals including daily doors knocked or phones dialed
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills and strong people-oriented background
- Positive attitude, detail-oriented, highly motivated, and organized
- Ability to memorize a short script and adjust as needed to audience
- Ability to responsibly enter data and maintain organizational provided tools
- History of taking responsibility for issues you care about
- Ability to walk for long distances
- Disciplined self-starter to meet daily goals
- Passion for the environment and building grassroots involvement to advocate for policy changes
- Ability to work respectfully and communicate with people of diverse backgrounds
- Access to reliable transportation to use at work each day and drivers license a plus
- Previous canvassing experience (doors, phone, or booth) is a plus
Compensation and Hours:
Compensation is $15 per hour, with full and part-time options available. A 10-hour per week minimum commitment is required. Hours are Monday through Friday: 4 – 8 p.m., Saturday and Sunday: 12 – 6 p.m.
How to Apply:
The candidate must have a reliable cell phone and availability beginning now through November 6, 2018. Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter explaining why they are passionate about the environment or about getting environmental champions elected to Lani Frank, Chester County Director, at email@example.com. When applying for this position, please put "Chester County Field Canvasser" in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, until positions are filled.
Conservation Voters of PA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace.