Conservation Voters of Pennsylvania (CVPA) and New Jersey League of Conservation Voters (New Jersey LCV) each seek a who will work with the organizations’ shared Digital Department to help implement the goals of the organizations’ digital programs. The two Coordinators will ensure that both organizations continue to build an engaged membership and following online that take action to help achieve our goals. Each Coordinator will have primary responsibility for a state - one based in Pennsylvania although currently fully remote, and the other based in Hamilton, NJ. They will manage the day-to-day operations of our social media pages and email lists, and will be responsible for creating compelling digital content including social media posts, graphics, emails, and videos. These positions will also focus on elevating issues affecting and activities happening in the Delaware River Watershed, and provide hands-on digital support to several networks of organizations working in the Watershed. The ideal candidates are enthusiastic about technology, avid users of social media, committed to racial justice and equity, and have a strong interest in harnessing people power to build change.
- Write, design, and deploy compelling social media content, graphics, email copy, videos, mobile alerts, ad copy, and other digital content to educate and engage our current and new activists and followers.
- Maintain a balanced editorial calendar and work with teams across the organization to amplify on-the-ground activities, engage activists, and achieve organizational goals.
- Identify and assist with the development of creative digital campaigns that effectively engage our partners and mobilize activists around clean water and air, open space, climate change, and environmental justice, including developing templates, toolkits, and best practice guides for partners.
- Manage digital advocacy and fundraising operation of EveryAction including: learning new functionality; keeping documentation up to date; ensuring staff receive how-to guides and business rules; that rules and source code protocols are followed; and that constituent records and published pages are accurate.
- Assist with the planning of digital fundraising campaigns by creating and implementing content for digital fundraising efforts.
- Build relationships and serve as an organizational representative at meetings, events, and conferences.
- Engage with our members, followers, and influencers by responding to constituent correspondence, including questions posted to our digital channels, and handling updates to member records.
- Assist with planning, development, and presentation of trainings to partners on digital best practices.
- Write and publish content to maintain the organization’s websites.
- Track and analyze metrics and create reports on the performance of our digital activities and status of grant deliverables.
- Utilize digital platforms and tools such as EveryAction, SproutSocial, Mobilize, Spoke, Canva, and others.
- Apply a racial justice lens to all online communications, and emphasize member education of environmental and other issues where communities of color are disproportionately impacted.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED FOR SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS:
- A strong commitment to environmental protection.
- A commitment to increasing racial diversity by integrating justice and equity into the work we do, and helping ensure an inclusive organizational culture.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure, manage priorities in a fast-paced environment, be detail-oriented, take initiative, stay organized, follow-through, and work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills, and an understanding of social media platforms including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Strong interests in design, digital best practices, and organizing.
PREFERRED FOR SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS:
- Experience with graphics platforms, video creation and editing, Excel, social media analytics, social listening tools, and constituent relationship management platforms.
- Experience with advocacy or political campaigns.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Experience training others.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: These are full-time, grant-funded positions that are confirmed for at least one year. Continuation of the positions are intended and will be based on the ability to secure additional funding to support the work. It is also required that all employees upon hire either: (i) establish they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and its variants; or (ii) obtain an approved exemption as an accommodation, the process for which is provided by the Human Resources Department.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume, cover letter, and recent writing sample to email@example.com with “Digital Coordinator-PA” or “Digital Coordinator-NJ” in the subject line.
SALARY & BENEFITS: A salary range between $37,500-$43,000 will be commensurate with experience; a generous benefits package is offered.
New Jersey LCV and CVPA are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, genetics, disability, age, marital status, familial status, domestic partnership status, civil union status, pregnancy, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait status, or veteran status.