The political voice for Pennsylvania’s environment, Conservation Voters of PA (CVPA) works to pass sound conservation policies, promotes pro-environment candidates for office, and holds elected officials accountable for the decisions they make. CVPA is seeking a motivated, tech-savvy undergraduate or graduate student for a part-time, Digital Communications internship during the Fall 2019. The Digital Communications intern will learn best practices for digital communications and database management and help analyze our digital strategy overall.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The intern will work closely with the Digital Campaigns Manager to support digital communications and outreach efforts within the organization. Projects may include:
- Drafting emails to promote events and action alerts
- Recording and analyzing email and action alert statistics that will provide insights and recommendations to the digital team
- Tracking CVPA news coverage and posting articles and press hits to websites
- Assisting with data entry and public comment submissions
- Assisting with other digital communications-related duties as needed, including social media and online fundraising efforts
- Conducting research on environmental issues identified as organizational priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly creative with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently, accurately, and collaboratively
- A positive attitude and ability to take initiative and multi-task
- Familiarity with email and social media platforms
- Interest in environmental advocacy or political work
Hours are flexible, with an equivalent of 10-15 hours per week, and college credit can be arranged. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Eva Piatek, Digital Campaigns Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying for this position, please put “Digital Communications Intern” in the subject line.
Conservation Voters of PA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a just, equitable, and inclusive workplace.