Conservation Voters of PA is the statewide political voice for the environment. We elect environmentally responsible candidates to state and local offices, advocate for strong environmental policies, and hold our elected officials accountable to safeguard the health of our communities, the beauty of our state, and the strength of our economy.
The Director of Development is the chief fundraiser for CVPA and is responsible for creating, executing, and managing all fundraising and development activities, including raising funds towards a $1.8 million yearly budget. They will build and oversee the execution of CVPA’s development strategy and will be a member of the senior leadership team. The Director of Development will work to engage and raise funds from existing donors, forge new relationships to build CVPA’s visibility, impact, and financial resources, and create an internal organizational culture for fundraising.
This position will primarily be responsible for expanding, diversifying, and strengthening CVPA’s donor base and pipeline, while cultivating existing donors, organizational partners, and foundations. They will work closely with the Executive Director, the Development and Operations Associate, and senior staff to secure funding for new and existing initiatives. In addition, they will have partial supervision of the Development and Operations Associate, and work closely with the Board of Directors to take on a more active fundraising role.
- Meet with and make fundraising asks of individual donors
- Develop an annual fundraising plan with evaluation metrics
- Develop and implement strategies for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of
- individuals, corporations, and foundations in concert with Executive Director
- Manage and develop a portfolio of current, lapsed, and prospective donors
- Work with the Development and Operations Associate and Executive Director to organize and execute various fundraising events each year, including our annual gala
- Work with the Development and Operations Associate to manage grant timelines and deliverables, including drafting content and coordinating with program staff as appropriate
- Oversee the Development and Operations Associate’s work on annual membership engagement, including direct mail pieces, email fundraising, and timely acknowledgment
- Work with and support the Board of Directors in their fundraising efforts
- Oversee the Development and Operations Associate’s work to maintain and update donor records in the CRM
- Work with the Development and Operations Associate to perform donor/prospect research, and research new opportunities for foundation or
- corporate support
- Develop and implement communication strategies to convey Conservation Voters PA’s impact, deepen relationships, and inspire philanthropy
- Other tasks as assigned.
The following skills are required for the successful applicant:
- 3-5 years of prior development experience, with specific experience making successful, individual major donor asks
- Strong commitment to CVPA’s mission.
- Demonstrated commitment to racial justice and equity.
- Collaborative spirit. Must be a dependable team player.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion.
- Valid driver's license and access to a car, with the ability to travel and maintain a flexible work schedule; be willing to work some evenings and/or weekends, as needed
The following skills and experience are preferred for the successful applicant:
- Experience working with donors, foundations, or other stakeholders.
- Ability to complete data-related and written work with precision and consistent attention to detail and high standards.
- Knowledge and experience using EveryAction, or similar CRM software.
Compensation: $75,000. Benefits include medical and dental coverage; 401K with employer match; paid vacation and sick leave; life insurance; and short- and long-term disability coverage.
Position Requirements: This is a full-time remote position based in Pennsylvania, with preference given to candidates in the Philadelphia region. The position will require significant travel throughout the state.
Submissions: Please submit your cover letter, resume, and contact information for two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT” in the subject line. Phone calls will not be accepted. Applications are due by close of business on January 27, 2023.
Conservation Voters of PA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a just, equitable, and inclusive workplace, and encourages people from all backgrounds to apply. CVPA celebrates diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; sex; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; age; religion; national origin; ancestry; citizenship status; disability; association or relationship with a person with a disability; use of a guide or support animal because of the blindness, deafness or physical handicap of the user or because the user is a handler or trainer of support or guide animals; familial status; veteran status; pregnancy or related condition; having a GED rather than a high school diploma; or any other basis protected by law. CVPA’s hiring and employment decisions are based solely on merit, qualifications, and business needs.