Conservation Voters of PA, a pro-environment political organization seeking to elect environmental champions this May, seeks to hire dynamic, effective, and energetic Field Canvassers. These positions, which report to the Chester County Director, will primarily be responsible for direct voter contact through door-to-door canvassing. These positions will require irregular hours, physical activity, exposure to outside elements, and travel within a designated region.
- Participating in door-to-door canvassing in diverse communities using persuasion and get out the vote scripts to engage voters
- Distributing campaign literature to targeted individuals
- Participating in daily briefing and/or debrief meetings with supervisor
- Showing up at scheduled time and location as assigned by supervisor
- Completing a full shift as scheduled by supervisor
- Using technology (iPhones) to track all canvass data
- Data entry as needed
- May also be asked to recruit volunteers, as needed, to augment canvass shifts
Preferred Skills and Qualities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and strong people-oriented background
- Ability to memorize a short script and adjust as needed to audience
- Ability to meet reasonable number of door knocks and calls per shift
- Positive attitude, detail-oriented, highly motivated, and organized
- Ability to work respectfully and communicate with people of diverse backgrounds
- Previous canvassing experience (doors, phones or both), either in a paid or unpaid capacity, is preferred but not required
- Ability to responsibly enter data and maintain organizational provided tools
- History of taking responsibility for issues you care about
- Ability to walk for long distances
- Disciplined self-starter to meet daily goals
- Passion for the environment and building grassroots involvement to advocate for policy changes
- Must have reliable cell phone with data
- Reliable transportation required to work and for work use
- Availability from April 8 through May 21, 2019
This position runs for 5-6 weeks, with up to 40 hours per week. Work may or may not continue after May 21. Full or part-time options are available during the following hours:
- Monday through Friday: 3:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
To apply, please contact Lani Frank. Chester County Director, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.