Location: Negotiable, Pennsylvania
Term of Position: Spring 2020
Conservation Voters of Pennsylvania (CVPA) is seeking a motivated, energetic intern who is passionate about restoring and protecting the environment, and interested in learning about environmental policy, the legislative process, and environmental activism. The ideal intern is a college student who is dedicated to environmental protection and policy, and looking to meet and work with other environmentally-minded people..
CVPA is a non-partisan organization whose mission is to elect environmental champions, hold public officials accountable, and support laws which protect our environment and improve the quality of people’s lives.
- Research state-level policy relating to the environment, public health, regulations, and voting rights
- Help organize and prepare Political Director for necessary hearings, meetings, and press materials
- Track legislation moving through Harrisburg, including committee hearings and vote records
- Prepare memos on topics and policies relevant to New Jersey politics that are digestible for public and/or staff
- Conduct outreach to legislators and local decision makers
- Assist Political Director with environmental coalition working groups and meetings
- Draft professional documents and emails
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently, accurately, and collaboratively
- Personable, dependable team player
- Commitment to environmental conservation, or interest in political work preferred
- Educational or professional background in public policy or environmental policy preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a part-time, unpaid position, and we are willing to work with interns for college credit. Interns will receive direct experience working within the conservation community at one of Pennsylvania’s leading conservation organizations. Interns will have the opportunity to network at various political and environmental events throughout the course of the internship. Letters of recommendation will be available upon request. Opportunities for full-time employment at CVPA do occasionally occur and interns are eligible to apply. If needed, there is potential for a small travel stipend.
How To Apply:
The candidate must have reliable transportation to either location and a personal laptop. Interested candidates should send their resume, cover letter, and three references (may be character, academic, or professional) to Katie Blume at firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying for this position, please put “Policy Intern” in the subject line.
Deadline for submission: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, until positions are filled.
Conservation Voters of PA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a just, equitable, and inclusive workplace.