Title: Political Director
Reports To: Executive Director
The political voice for Pennsylvania’s environment, Conservation Voters of PA (CVPA) works to pass sound conservation policies, promotes pro-environment candidates for office, and holds elected officials accountable for the decisions they make. CVPA seeks a Political Director to advocate for conservation policies at the state and local levels and to win elections that put environmental leaders into office.
- Manage CVPA’s endorsement process and run electoral work for endorsed candidates.
- Identify, recruit, train and support pro-environment candidates for office.
- Work with the environmental community to lobby legislators and the administration for pro- conservation policies in Harrisburg.
- Build relationships with elected officials, regulatory agencies and other decision-makers.
- Coordinate with other staff and partner organizations to enact accountability programs, including the PA Environmental Scorecard and grassroots lobbying campaigns.
- Support Assistant Director with fundraising.
- Help with other duties as required.
- 5 years of relevant professional experience in political campaigns and/or lobbying or equivalent experience.
- Grassroots organizing, political or issue campaign, and policy experience.
- Collaborative spirit and proven coalition experience.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong understanding of Pennsylvania’s political and legislative arenas.
- Experience with environmental issues.
- Existing relationships in the legislative and executive branches of government.
- Fundraising and/or grant writing.
- Understanding of Pennsylvania election and lobbying law.
Compensation and Hours:
Salary starts at $4,300 per month and depends upon qualifications and experience. This is a full time position based in Harrisburg. Evening and weekend hours are required, along with significant travel throughout the Commonwealth.
How to Apply:
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject line "Political Director" no later than March 8, 2019. No phone calls please.
Conservation Voters of PA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a just, equitable and inclusive workplace.